- Expedition: May 11-16, 2014
- New Leaf: A Sustainable Living Collaborative and Venture Academy
- Yosemite National Park: North Dome
Dear Momma, It’s barely been a day that I’ve been gone and through out this two days I’ve learn so much. God has by far given us the best gift of all, our eyes, and we’re so selfish and closed in our own little world that we miss out on all the beautiful things around us. We’re so stuck on social media and following our daily routines that we don’t get to appreciate the nature around us. This by far has already been a life changing experience. I know you didn’t want me to come, but thank you for giving me the opportunity to come.
Yosemite so far hasn’t just spoken to me, it’s let out everything it’s had held in and made me realize that we miss so much being stuck in such a boring city. I don’t miss home, I feel like I am home, and I feel like Yosemite has so far made me a much stronger, patient, and appreciative person. I’ve learned a lot from speaking to Yosemite and I hope everything it’s taught me I can keep forever.
- How can I become more involved and active in the wilderness so I can be a healthier and stronger person?
- How is it possible that something so big and beautiful formed so many years ago and is most likely always going to be here for thousands of years?
- How can I make sure that my neighborhood and community is a bit more active, cooperative, and involved with not only our city but world?