- Expedition: Feb 15-20, 2004
- Franklin and Parlier High Schools
- Yosemite National Park: Hite's Cove
The wilderness to me is everything in nature excluding technology and devices humans invent. It is you against nature; no walls or windows to shelter you, no electric blanket to warm you, restroom to..........um........so basically everything I would want to take.
Thoughts on Hiking Alone:
No matter how much I want to go home and miss the benefits of being home there still is a piece of me that wants to stay in this picture like surroundings. But in a way a part of me is staying; now when I tell people where I've visited I can say "I peed there!" But now I will no longer wake to the sound of the river or fall asleep to the sound of raindrops sprinkling on my tent. I couldn't appreciate the little things before like if the sun is out or if it stops raining or where to go bathroom or if the water is safe to drink. Now I can only wonder what other things I take for granted. But there is one thing I know for sure; I want to go back to taking things for granted.
Have You Ever:
- ate food that had fire fuel on it?
- slept in the same clothes two nights in a row without a shower and after several hikes?
- hiked on an unlevel mountain with a fifty pound backpack on your back?
- ever went pee outside in the rain?
- ate out of the same bowl about four times without washing it?