- Expedition: Feb 15-20, 2004
- Franklin and Parlier High Schools
- Yosemite National Park: Hite's Cove
To me, the definition of wilderness means a lot of meanings. First of all, wilderness defines the wild. The wild is all of the animals and plants (trees) that live here. And only those things should live there. I think humans interact too much with the wild. The wilderness also means that nothing or nobody is around and that is a good thing. The wilderness should be kept as the wilderness (wild).
Thoughts on Hiking Alone:
The walk by myself was incredible! It was amazing! I loved the river and the smells and the silence.
Have You Ever:
- crapped in a hole?
- drank iodine river water?
- ate cheese, crackers and salami full of white gas?
- got confused with what you're we with, rain or sweat?
- hiked 5 miles up and down a mountain with wet wool socks?
- slipped and fell in mud while playing elbow tag?
- had one of the best times in your life?
- had the best views of your life?
- had a cramp while trying to sleep?