- Expedition: Feb 15-20, 2004
- Franklin and Parlier High Schools
- Yosemite National Park: Hite's Cove
Wilderness to me means a place that you can go to relax. The air is clean and fresh. There are no cars or loud noises that irritate you. It is nature at its own with no man-made structures. The animals are wild and are not used to humans. It is a place to be free and have no worries.
Thoughts on Hiking Alone:
I liked solo hiking more because it didn't seem as hard and everything seemed to go faster. It is easier for me to hike by myself. On the way over here, I was walking with no one in front of me because I felt comfortable. So when I heard about solo hiking, I was excited about it because I know it would be better for me. I really enjoyed solo hiking.
Have You Ever:
- walked five miles straight on a narrow ledge that kept going up and down?
- ate peanut butter and jelly with tortilla?
- hiked in the rain and then stood there for a while and hiked back?
- gone two days without a toilet?
- ate gas-fueled crackers and then burped the taste?
- peed outside in the rain?
- been cold at night and you had cold sweats, running nose and watery eyes, and needed to go to the restroom?