- Expedition: Feb 15-20, 2004
- Franklin and Parlier High Schools
- Yosemite National Park: Hite's Cove
To me wilderness is whatever you want it to be. Most people define wilderness as no building and trees and animals but not me. I believe the city is a wilderness. It is filled with just as many dangers as a forest maybe even more. It is a concrete jungle and we are the animals. The wilderness is the unknown. And no matter how well you know a city or a forest it will surprise you. Just gotta be prepared.
Thoughts on Hiking Alone:
The hike for me was very relaxing. I wasn't really tired. I started to notice things I didn't before. It seemed like a new trail; I thought I was lost for a while, then I found myself singing silly songs and it took my mind off everything.
Have You Ever:
- hiked five miles with a heavier than life bag?
- woke up and can't find the zipper to your sleeping bag?
- heard Jessica laugh?
- not wanted to get up in the morning?
- made so many people laugh when it's raining?
- had a cramp in your leg?
- had a burned tongue from hot chocolate?