- Expedition: Feb 15-20, 2004
- Franklin and Parlier High Schools
- Yosemite National Park: Hite's Cove
Wilderness to me means a place where animals can run free; where nature is untouched by people and if people are there they leave it the way they found it. Wilderness means many things but to me it means to be at one with nature and to have time to think. To hear the sweet sound of the bird sing, to smell the sweet clean air; that is my wilderness.
Thoughts on Hiking Alone:
The hike back was not that bad; it was just that I was lonely. I really missed Olga but other than that I was fine. It was different because nothing looked the same. Everything was so beautiful and quiet. Now I'm glad that I met up with everyone and that Olga is okay.
Have You Ever:
- had to pee so bad you went in the rain?
- woke up in the middle of the night to go with a friend to the restroom?
- hiked up a hill in the rain? When you're really cold?